Black Bean Soup
2 cans 15 oz. organic black beans
1½ cup chopped or medium size onion
1 Tbsp cold-pressed olive oil
2 cups filtered water
1 tsp finely chopped ginger
1 tsp sea salt or to taste
• In the same pot that beans will be cooked; sauté onions in
oil over medium heat until translucent.
• Add beans and ginger to sautéed onions; let simmer for 5
• Bay leaves, seasonings, and water should now be added.
Continue to cook for 10 minutes or until beans are soft.
Optional: To make soup creamy place in a blender and puree
until smooth; add water if needed.
RD Teddy (A.K.A Ted Ingram Jr., RD, LDN, CPT)
3 cans (15 oz.) Cannellini or white kidney beans
1 cup uncooked whole brown rice elbow pasta
1 large onion diced
3 large cloves of garlic finely chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 small turnips, peeled and diced (optional)
4 small red potatoes, peeled diced
2 small yellow squash cut circular
2 cups pre-cut carrots
2 cups celery diced
2 cups pre-chopped shredded cabbage
8 cups vegetable stock
2 cans tomato paste
2 tsp dry basil
1 tbsp sea salt
¼ cayenne pepper
½ tsp rosemary
½ tsp oregano
¼ tsp thyme
3 bay leaves
• Cook elbow pasta for 4 minutes and rinse in cold water (set aside)
• Sauté onion in olive until translucent; add garlic, celery, and carrots cook for 3
• Add squash and shredded cabbages to sautéing vegetables along with seasonings
and cook for 8 minutes.
• Place beans in medium size stockpot simmer on low heat with bay leaves for 15
minutes (once ready remove bay leaves).
• Add vegetables to beans in stock pot along with uncooked potatoes, turnips, and
vegetable stock let simmer until potatoes and turnips are tender.
RD Teddy (A.K.A. Ted Ingram Jr., RD, LDN, CPT)